Technical Sales Trainee
Location: Rowley, MA
Harvey Tool is a fun, dynamic and fast growing company of people who care about community, celebrating our successes, and creating opportunities for advancement. This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent college graduate who wants to get into sales.
This entry-level position provides in depth on the job training and coaching. Outstanding communication skills, passion for what you do, and a positive attitude are necessary to be successful in this program. Excellent customer service, phone skills, and machining knowledge would be beneficial, but is not necessary to be considered for this position.
A Technical Sales Trainee will be responsible for assisting customers with all aspects of:
- Customer service and order processing
- Special order quotations
- Machining applications
- Technical support for selecting or troubleshooting our CNC tool offering
This position is sales and service focused with responsibilities that include working collaboratively with our distributor partners to build relationships and manage expectations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Every Technical Sales Trainee will go through an 18-24 month training program. Based on experience, ability, and the company requirements, this program offers the flexibility to grow in many key areas of the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexible, energetic, friendly, outgoing, professional personality with a willingness to take on additional responsibility
- Customer service or sales skills
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong PC Skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of metal working and milling applications
Opportunity for travel is available if technical sales skill set fits additional requirements
Job Type: Full-time