Location: Rowley, MA
Harvey Performance Company, headquartered in Rowley, MA, is a leading North American designer and marketer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape a variety of materials in precision machining applications. The Company’s competitive advantage in technical expertise, engineering proficiency, and customer service positions Harvey Performance Company as the recognized leader in cutting tools that have unique geometric characteristics, sizes, reaches, and coatings that are difficult to find elsewhere. Harvey Performance Company sells its brands, Helical Solutions and Harvey Tool, through a large network of select authorized distributors throughout the U.S. and Canada.
At Harvey Performance Company the Salesforce.com Administrator will be part of our Information Technology team working in a truly cross-functional, self-organized agile team tasked with supporting, maintaining and creating solutions to our unique business needs.
The ideal candidate must be proficient in all areas of Salesforce development and configuration, but must also be ready to support other members of the team with different roles, taking on work as needed to ensure the team meets its goals. In addition our ideal candidate will provide support to team members who may not have hands-on programming experience or in depth knowledge of the salesforce.com platform. Along with the sales, marketing, and IT resource, the Administrator is business stake holder facing, working with business owners to design and develop the best possible solutions to our business needs, while balancing the greater business objective of keeping salesforce fast, standardized, and easy to maintain and support. We place the highest level of emphasis on using the native, declarative tools to build solutions and keeping customizations to a minimum.
- Primary owner and point person for approval and oversight of Salesforce.com platform configuration, development, technical and functional capability as well as salesforce release upgrades and deployment of solutions from our sandbox environment to our production environment
- Responsible for Implementing and help maintain Salesforce system administration, configuration, Customization, profiles, roles and integrations using best practices and defined standards
- Provide end-user application support for troubleshooting errors, managing Tier 2 support tickets, and testing solutions
- Research, recommend, and implement AppExchange applications for Salesforce to meet business needs
- Assist with research and recommendations of Salesforce releases and new functionality
- Support our enterprise with clear operational objectives by assisting in analyzing business functions and processes, collecting requirements, evaluating output requirements and formats
- Documents current and future state processes and develops functional specifications
- Designs new applications, or enhancements to existing systems by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, determining system capabilities; assists with writing technical specifications
- Responsible for conducting unit and system testing of new functionality and projects.
- Assist with the building of test plans, scenarios, and scripts to support QA/ UAT efforts.
- Works closely with system architects and developers to ensure requirements are satisfied and act as liaison to the business to address any challenges or required modifications.
- Implements Salesforce configuration changes to support system functionality or modifications.
- Work with Salesforce support on Salesforce bugs, system limitations and workarounds
- Develop and maintain integrations between internal business applications and Salesforce
- Regularly perform database de-duping and cleanup procedures as needed
- Define and add new or additional picklist values
- Ability to implement and manage modification of page layouts
- Manage and update Lead & case routing rules as needed
- Manage and define Workflow rules
- Maintain and extend current SteelBrick CPQ as needed
- Define and implement Approval process flows as needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 2 to 3 years’ experience or related experience in administering, configuring, customizing and supporting Salesforce.com platform
- Experience with Pardot and SteelBrick CPQ is a plus
- Strong business analyst experience including requirements gathering, functional specifications and QA test scripts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Projects, and Visio
- Highly organized and able to see and then preempt potential problems within the framework of multiple competing requirements from various stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to work with a broad range of personalities to obtain a satisfactory solution for the benefit of the company as a whole.
- Able to articulate problems and solutions in concise, simple to understand language at appropriate levels: marketer, sales manager, executive, engineer, developer
- Knowledge of SQL (SQL Server, Salesforce SQL, Oracle SQL)
- Knowledge of ERP Systems such as SAP, Oracle, Epicor, Infor or similar
- Familiarity with Salesforce development components and APEX classes and triggers, integrations and APIs is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks under pressure
- Experience with add on solutions such as Demand Tools, DBamp, Conga Docs, Map Anything or similar solutions is a plus
More About Us:
Harvey Performance Company is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications, comprising the brands Harvey Tool Company and Helical Solutions. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications.
The company has a highly scalable business model and an organization with both the plans and the resources needed to achieve further growth through SKU expansion in new and existing categories, increased share of purchases from existing customers, and acquisition of new end users. The Company has a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that promotes operational excellence and employee growth.