Location: Gorham, ME
The Project Manager will lead projects that will vary in size, scope and duration. This position will be based in our newly built location in Gorham, Maine, with project activity requiring some travel across different sites and business functions.
This role will be responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary project activity, and resources throughout the entire project from start-up through closeout. This position will work closely with the project sponsor, functional leaders, project team, and interfaces with internal and external stakeholders. Our newly built facility is located in Gorham ME, less than a twenty-minute drive to Portland ME. The Gorham area offers easy access to great outdoor activities, safe communities, and quality schooling both K through 12 and Colleges.
As a Project Manager, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders to establish project objectives, schedules, and budgets
- Manage project schedule and resource plan.
- Lead the tracking and communication of project status and performance against goals.
- Maintain awareness of activity taking place within different work-streams, and seek to identity and resolve resource constraints.
- Responsible for issue identification, resolution and escalation. Capture associated project risks and assist in the development of mitigation plans.
- Takes lead in organizing and leading regular project team meetings; identifies and documents and manages action items
- Provide project status updates to stakeholders and alert of any project delivery delays.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships at a project level.
- Support scheduling of resources.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- Five plus years of experience in project roles in manufacturing or related industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams in a relationship-based environment.
- Financial acumen, with an ability to evaluate budgets accounting, business case development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with tact and context to ensure alignment within the project team.
- Fast learner with ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with many moving parts and changing priorities.
- Knowledge of project management methods and tools, including Microsoft Project and Excel.
WHAT HARVEY PROVIDES:
- A fun, rapid-growing environment where new opportunities are regularly made available.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, paid holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, and a 401k match program.
- Newly built 79,000 Sq Ft. state of the art manufacturing facility
- Opportunities for training and development, including tuition reimbursement.
- The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, customers, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. We strive to ensure that Harvey Performance is up to date with safety guidelines and protocols on a consistent basis.
More about us:
Harvey Performance is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications, comprised of the brands Harvey Tool, Helical Solutions, Micro 100, Titan USA, and CoreHog. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications. The Company has a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that promotes operational excellence and employee growth.