DIRECTOR OF FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS
Location: Rowley, MA
Harvey Performance Company is dedicated to providing world class products, services, and solutions that increase productivity for customers in the manufacturing and metalworking industries. The company has distinct brands that serve specialty needs and markets with a shared commitment to delivering high quality products and superior service. The company has a proud history of doing business the right way – offering fast and friendly service, providing comprehensive product support, and treating customers, suppliers, and stakeholders the way we’d want to be treated. Collectively, the company brands offer a broad range of products and services that help support machinists, engineers, and CNC programmers while giving their shops a competitive advantage.
The company has experienced exceptional growth and strategically built a portfolio of distinct yet complimentary brands by expanding into attractive cutting tool adjacencies. Harvey operates on six pillars of operational excellence: Best Tool for the Job, Unmatched Product Innovation, Superior Distributor Relationship Management, Unparalleled End-User Focus, Best-in-Class Service & Support, and Flexible, Asset-Light Manufacturing.
This position will be reporting to the Company’s CFO and working in close partnership with the CEO, members of the Executive Leadership team. The Director of Financial Planning & Analysis will be a key strategic partner and critical in achieving our strategic growth objectives. This position will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, communicating, and resolving FP&A matters which could impact operating performance, as well as providing insightful financial analysis to assist in decision-making, including budgeting and financial planning.
As the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, you will:
- Prepare the Company’s management reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Develop monthly MD&A report and quarterly report for Company’s Board of directors and banks.
- Assist in developing monthly operational reporting KPIs. Propose new KPI’s to support growth objectives.
- Analyze and interpret financial results to determine key takeaways and recommendations for senior management.
- Manage budgeting process, forecasting, and financial planning.
- Oversee administration of the cloud-based financial reporting and planning tool, Adaptive Planning.
- Drive standardization and process improvements.
- Support the strategic planning process and ensuring the plan and value creation initiatives are converted to financial statement commitments.
- Support mergers and acquisition process, including pre-acquisition due-diligence and post-acquisition integration and financial performance.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- At least 7-10 years of management experience leading the FP&A function within a growth-oriented industrial, manufacturing, or distribution company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA, CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Experience working in public and private equity-owned businesses is a plus.
- Experience developing and driving financial KPIs in support of profitability objectives and strategic goals.
- Experience defining, setting and leading FP&A strategy and processes in support of an executable business plan to achieve quarterly, annual, and long-term investment, cash flow, and P&L objectives to include developing stakeholder buy-in, and effectively mobilizing an organization around achieving business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to create followership and lead through influence to become a trusted finance business partner to key functional leaders across the organization to help translate business decisions to financial impact and drive data driven decision making across the organization.
- Ability to build and develop a high-performing FP&A team and function that operated with a servant mindset.
- Strong business acumen and commercially focused/driven.
- High analytical ability, good business judgment and problem solver.
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
WHAT HARVEY PROVIDES:
- A fun, rapid-growing environment where new opportunities are regularly made available.
- Opportunities for training and development, including tuition reimbursement.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, paid holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, employee equity program, and a 401k match program, along with profit sharing.
- The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, customers, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. We strive to ensure that Harvey Performance is up to date with safety guidelines and protocols on a consistent basis.
More about us:
Harvey Performance is the leading North American designer and manufacturer of specialty carbide end mills and cutting tools used to cut and shape metals in precision machining applications, comprised of the brands Harvey Tool, Helical Solutions, Micro 100, Titan USA, and CoreHog. The company is the solution provider of choice for distributors and end users addressing complex machining challenges across a wide range of end markets, materials and applications. The Company has a collaborative, entrepreneurial culture that promotes operational excellence and employee growth.