SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
Location: Rowley, MA
Harvey Performance Company is dedicated to providing world class products, services, and solutions that increase productivity for customers in the manufacturing and metalworking industries. The company has a proud history of doing business the right way – offering fast and friendly service, providing comprehensive product support, and treating customers, suppliers, and stakeholders the way we’d want to be treated. Collectively, the company brands offer a broad range of products and services that help support machinists, engineers, and CNC programmers while giving their shops a competitive advantage.
The company has experienced exceptional growth with its original brand Harvey Tool and strategically built a portfolio of distinct yet complimentary brands by expanding into attractive cutting tool adjacencies with the acquisitions of Helical Solutions (2015), Micro100 (2019), Titan (2020), and Corehog (2021). This successful M&A strategy has been complemented with sustained organic growth.
Harvey operates on six pillars of operational excellence: Best Tool for the Job, Unmatched Product Innovation, Superior Distributor Relationship Management, Unparalleled End-User Focus, Best-in-Class Service & Support, and Flexible, Asset-Light Manufacturing. Corporate employees are located at company headquarters in Rowley, Massachusetts and production-related staff are located at sites in Gorham Maine; Meridian Idaho; Springfield, Massachusetts, and Valencia, California.
Reporting to the Company’s Director of FP&A and working in close partnership with the CFO, members of the Leadership team and cross functionally, the Senior Financial Analyst will be a key partner and critical in achieving our strategic growth objectives. The Senior Financial Analyst role will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, communicating, and resolving FP&A matters which could impact operating performance, as well as providing insightful financial analysis to assist in decision-making, including budgeting and financial planning.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Support the Company’s management reporting on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assist with production of the monthly MD&A report and quarterly report for Company’s Board of directors and banks.
- Help track the monthly operational reporting KPIs. Propose new KPI’s to support growth objectives.
- Analyze and interpret financial results to determine key takeaways and recommendations for senior management.
- Engaged in the budgeting process, forecasting, and financial planning.
- Support the administration of the cloud-based financial reporting and planning tool, Adaptive Planning.
- Implement, and drive FP&A best practices that support the business.
- Take part in strategic planning processes and ensure the strategic plan and value creation initiatives are converted to financial statement commitments.
- Support mergers and acquisition processes, including pre-acquisition due-diligence and post-acquisition integration.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- Seeking 3-5 years of experience in the FP&A function within a growth-oriented industrial, manufacturing, or distribution company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or data analytics related field/experience; MBA, CPA and/or CMA a plus.
- Experience working in public and/or private equity-owned businesses is a plus.
- Experience tracking financial KPIs in support of profitability objectives and strategic goals.
- Experience supporting an executable business plan to achieve quarterly, annual, and long-term investment, cash flow, and P&L objectives.
- The ability to create followership and lead through influence to become a trusted finance business partner to key functional leaders across the organization.
- Ability to operate in high-performing FP&A team and function that operates with a servant leadership mindset.
- Strong business acumen and commercially focused/driven.
- High analytical ability, good business judgment and problem solver.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
WHAT HARVEY PROVIDES:
- A fun, rapid-growing environment where new opportunities are regularly made available.
- Opportunities for training and development, including tuition reimbursement.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, paid holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, and a 401k match program, along with profit sharing.
- The health and safety of our colleagues and their families, customers, and the communities we serve, are of the utmost importance. We strive to ensure that Harvey Performance is up to date with safety guidelines and protocols on a consistent basis.